UNV Global Programme Coordination Internship in Germany
December 31, 2015 UNV Global Programme Coordination Internship in Germany2015-05-24T13:24:53+00:00 Featured, Internships
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Location: UNV Headquarter in Bonn, Germany.
Duration: 4-6 months.
UNV provides the opportunity for a limited number of internships at its headquarters in Bonn, Germany. The UNV Internship Programme offers the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNV’s work and is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in development and volunteerism. It may also complement other studies such as international relations, communications, media relations and social sciences.
The objective is to enhance the intern’s educational experience through practical work assignments and to allow selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the United Nations.
United Nations Volunteers is administered by UNDP. The UNDP Conditions of Service for Interns also apply for interns working at the UNV Headquarters.
◾Education: Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible;
◾Field of study: Development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
◾Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably in an additional official UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese);
◾Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organisations.
Cost and Benefits:
◾The Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
◾UNV accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period. Applicants are required to provide evidence of adequate medical insurance coverage.
◾UNV is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
Applications should be forwarded to the designated contact person (as indicated in the TORs). Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted and/or selected candidates will be contacted. Applications (in English) should include the following:
◾An application form [MS Word]
◾Recent curriculum vitae (CV);
◾A cover letter indicating the motivation and reason for an internship with UNV as well as the preferred field of work.
Is there any youth with BSC Admin or secreterial duties? then apply for this.
Plan International, Inc., acting through its branch office in Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.
Plan is a children’s organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and wellbeing and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.
Plan Cameroon is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Executive Assistant. The contract is for one (01) year renewable.
The Duty Station is Plan Cameroon Country Office (Yaoundé).
Purpose of the role: The Executive Assistant (EA) coordinates communication flow to and from the Country Management Team (CMT) and provides a wide range of administrative and executive support to the management team. The EA coordinates the management meetings and other events as well as facilitate the work of the Executive Team that comprised of the Country Director (CD) and CMT members. The EA will ensure the smooth running of the CMT’s work and stands as administrative interface between the Country Director and the other departments and shall ensure smooth communication between Country Office and Internal/External customers. The EA shall provide adequate administrative support to the Administrative Manager.
Under the authority of the Country Director, the Executive Assistant will among other tasks perform the following:
• Facilitates efficient flow of communication: screens and properly diverts calls to concerned party;
• Responsible for reception and orientation of the Country Directors’ visitors;
• Responsible for the distribution of incoming and outgoing mails and bills;
• Prepare and monitor budgets for CD’s running costs in the office & house;
• Ensure that services requested in the CD’s office/house are provided;
• Follow-up on deliverable from CMT members or other colleagues as may be request by the Country Director;
• Plan and update annual schedule for CMT meetings;
• Coordinate and attend management team meetings and events, namely CMT and E-CMT meetings;
• Take notes, prepare minutes and update decision follow-up table, ensuring that relevant team members produce regular updates;
• Plan and coordinate all in-country visits of guests, ensuring appropriate logistic and notification to officials/administrative for appointments as convenient;
• Manage and coordinate regional or international meetings/events to be held in Cameroon, in collaboration with the CO administration and the meeting or event’s focal point.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Secretariat duties, Office Administration or related fields.
• Minimum of five years experience in a similar position preferably in an International NGO.
• Excellent written and communication skills in English and French;
• High degree of organization and excellent problem solving skills;
• High level of confidentiality and excellent customer relation;
• Ability to multi-task, to prioritise and to deliver within tight deadlines;
• Ability to take and transcribe minutes/memos with speed and accuracy;
• Ability to work independently with minimum instructions and supervision;
• Commitment to continuous learning and improvement;
• Ability to easily adapt and cope with a multicultural environment;
• Ability to monitor delivery from core manager and draw attention on variances.
Knowledge & Skills
• Good report writing skills and fully computer literate (Excel, Word etc.)
• Planning and organization skills
• Time management skills
• Timely submission of deliverables
• Communicate clearly both orally and written
• Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Be proactive
• Ensure confidentiality in all communication.
Physical Environment and Demands:
Typical office environment
All applications should include:
1 Cover letter;
2 Comprehensive CV;
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate who is finally selected shall have to comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned above.